Sign the Pledge!
    Sign the petition to show that you don't intend to buy another car until the automakers start producing cost effective alternative fueled cars.

Tell them you are now driving your last gas car!

Sign the Pledge
Subscribe to LastGasCar!
Updates By RSS:

Choose your reader:

RSS Feed
Updates By Email:

Enter your email address:

Social Bookmarks:
Add to Technorati FavoritesAdd to Stubmleupon
Current User: Guest Login Register
Please consider registering

Search 

Landon Collins Jersey

Add a New Topic Reply to Post
UserPost

4:14 am
September 14, 2018

panxing18

posts 11

ENGLEWOOD Landon Collins Jersey , Colo. (AP) — Chad Kelly outshined Paxton Lynch in the Denver Broncos‘ scrimmage Sunday, and that might have earned him work with the No. 2 offense in his quest to win the backup job behind Case Keenum.

“Yeah, he looked good,” coach Vance Joseph said after watching Kelly throw two touchdown passes in a five-play span following Lynch’s erratic performance that included a sack and a near interception.

Asked if Kelly will get a “promotion” to working with the 2s, Joseph said, “It hasn’t happened yet. It could happen in the future.”

Joseph declared in the offseason the backup job was up for grabs, but throughout the first eight days of training camp Lynch worked with the No. 2 offense and Kelly took scraps with the 3s .

Still, Kelly, a seventh-round pick out of Ole Miss in 2017 who sat out his rookie season with knee and wrist injuries, has looked significantly sharper than the error-prone Lynch, the 2016 first-round draft pick from Memphis who failed to beat out another seventh-rounder, Trevor Siemian, in 2016 and ’17.

“He’s a playmaker,” Joseph said of Kelly. “He’s always been a playmaker. You watch his college tape two years ago, he just makes plays. He doesn’t always look pretty, but he just makes plays.”

After Keenum’s signing this spring, Joseph said Lynch should benefit by sitting back and learning from Keenum rather than fighting for the starting job as he had the last two summers.

“It’s definitely helped him, just watching every day how Case prepares for practice Roger Lewis Jersey ,” Joseph said Sunday. “He’s gotten better from that. And half of his job is between the ears. So the better he gets there, the better he’s going to play quarterback for us.”

Asked what he felt Lynch had learned from him, Keenum said, “That’s probably a better question for him,” but added, “I think he’s doing a great job getting the ball out, a big, tall guy, he’s got a strong arm and he knows where to go with the football a lot of times and he’s learning from his mistakes, just like we all are.”

Lynch was the only QB who didn’t stop to talk with the media after the scrimmage, and the team said he’d address reporters for the first time at camp on Tuesday following the players’ day off.

Kelly declined to lobby for snaps with the No. 2 offense.

“No, I’ve just got to keep on performing to the best of my ability, execute whatever play is called and find the open guy and bring my team down the field, whether it’s with the 1s, 2s or 3s,” Kelly said. “I’m focused on trying to get better in the classroom and out here on the football field.”

Keenum didn’t get into the end zone in his dozen snaps at the scrimmage, but he did move the chains against Denver’s No. 1 defense.

“He was good. You know we have a really good defense and when you turn on the lights and have a real pass rush, that’s a top-5 defense. So LeSean McCoy Jersey , I’m not surprised,” Joseph said. “And it’s been more competitive this year than it was last year offensively. They’ve won more days than they won last year at training camp.

“So, I am not down on the offense at all.”

Neither is star cornerback Chris Harris Jr., who said, “Our offense is way better than they were last year, with Case under center. He’s throwing great balls. He’s had great accuracy all camp. He’s improved from the OTAs. When I watch film, the (first) offense is doing something totally different than the (second) offense.

“It’s like they’re a level 10 and everybody else is a level way lower. So, Case and them are clicking right now and I expect them to put up points. I don’t see anybody really just shutting them down with the receivers that we got, and our O-line is way better. So, I see them putting up points, at least 30 a game.”

Keenum said he figures to get a better sense of the Broncos’ offense once the preseason gets here and it’s not just situational drills he’s running.

The Broncos open their exhibition schedule Saturday night against Keenum’s old team, the Minnesota Vikings, where Siemian is now backing up Kirk Cousins.

NOTES: In addition to C Matt Paradis (illness) and TE Jeff Heuerman (knee), LT Ronald Leary (knee) and DT Matt Gotsis (ankle) were held out of the scrimmage as a precaution.

The NHL’s return to Winnipeg has been an instant success in the seats, with regular sellouts since the Jets arrived in 2011 for a second landing in the smallest market in the league.

Progress on the ice has been measurably slower, with just one appearance in the playoffs in the first six years in wintry Manitoba after a struggling franchise moved north from Atlanta, but the patience of general manager Kevin Cheveldayoff has been rewarded and then some this season.

Sporting the second-best record in the NHL, the Jets have carried the momentum of 11 wins in their last 12 games into their first-round series against Minnesota.

They boast one of the game’s coveted prodigies in 19-year-old Patrik Laine and his 44 goals. They have a balanced roster that ranked second in the league in scoring and fifth in fewest goals against. They face the Wild on Wednesday night at home Kyle Juszczyk Jersey , where they’re an NHL-best 32-7-2 this season.

”Enjoy it, right?” Jets coach Paul Maurice said. ”We work real hard to get to a place where there’s mounting pressure and mounting enthusiasm, and then we want to keep working to get to more and more and more. So you have to be a part of it. You have to enjoy it for sure.”

Their time to take a big step forward to join the league’s elite has arrived. They even, considering their seed, represent the best hope to bring the Stanley Cup back to Canada for the first time since 1993.

Toronto is the only other team that made the playoffs this year, and the Maple Leafs must start the first round on the road against the Boston Bruins.

”You don’t know how many times you’re going to come across this opportunity,” goalie Connor Hellebuyck said, ”and especially now with the great team like we have here. I’m really excited to see what these guys bring.”

With another series of ”Whiteout ” events planned for Bell MTS Place, with fans encouraged to wear white team gear to the arena and surrounding parties, the city has been buzzing all week even as winter again overstays its welcome.

”I’m very excited. I can start feeling my body getting those butterflies,” Hellebuyck said.

The knock against the Jets is the collective lack of postseason experience, with a four-game sweep by the Anaheim Ducks in 2015 serving as the only action in the playoffs for some of these players. Laine hadn’t even been drafted yet.

That’s where the Wild have a clear advantage, with this their sixth straight appearance in the 16-team tournament.

Though they were overshadowed in the Western Conference this season by the Jets, the Presidents’ Trophy-winning Nashville Predators and the expansion Vegas Golden Knights, the Wild posted the third-best record in franchise history. Center Eric Staal had 42 goals, his most in 12 years. Jason Zucker scored a career-high 33 goals. Their defensemen ranked second in the league with 200 points.

”You really got to go through it to know what it’s about,” left wing Zach Parise said, adding: ”I know they’ve been short-lived the last couple years Noah Spence Jersey , but you hope with just being there that will help us.”

Here are some other key angles to follow with the series:

PALS IN PADS

Hellebuyck and Wild goalie Devan Dubnyk met last summer in British Columbia during training sessions and rounds of golf that forged a friendship, with Dubnyk encouraging Hellebuyck to keep his head up after the Jets signed Steve Mason to an $8.2 million contract.

Sure enough, Mason stumbled early and Hellebuyck supplanted him as the primary netminder to tie for the NHL lead with 44 wins and finish eighth in goals-against average.

”It’s been fun to watch but that’s enough now,” Dubnyk said. ”It’s been a great year for him, but I’ll stop cheering for him now.”

SUTER OUT, SPURGEON IN

One of the Wild’s greatest assets for this matchup will be absent, with a season-ending broken ankle for stalwart Ryan Suter, who tied a franchise defenseman record with 51 points in 78 games.

The upside is that Jared Spurgeon, who missed the last 17 games with a torn hamstring, is on track to return. He practiced with one of the two power-play units on Tuesday, and coach Bruce Boudreau said he’d make a game-time decision about Spurgeon’s availability on Wednesday.

WHEELS UP

Jets captain Blake Wheeler tied for the NHL lead with 68 assists this season and finished ninth with 91 points, fueling a potent first line with Kyle Connor and Mark Schiefele to take some of the scoring pressure off Laine.

Wheeler played at Breck High School in the Twin Cities area and in college for Minnesota before turning pro. He has never missed more than three games in any regular season since his debut with Boston in 2008-09.

CULLEN’S CUPS

Wild center Matt Cullen contributed a modest 11 goals and 11 assists from the fourth line, but the 41-year-old’s contribution transcends points. He’s played in 123 postseason games, winning three Stanley Cups including the past two with the Pittsburgh Penguins.

”This is why we got him, his experience in positions like we’re in right now,” Boudreau said. ”So we’re hoping he’s going to be valuable.”

Womens Josh Sweat Jersey

Add a New Topic Reply to Post

Reply to Topic: Landon Collins Jersey

NOTE: New Posts are subject to administrator approval before being displayed

Guest Name (Required):

Guest EMail (Required):

Guest URL (required)

Math Required!
What is the sum of: 9 + 7        (Required)

Topic Reply:

About the Last Gas Car - Declare your independence from gas! forum

Currently Online:

9 Guests

Maximum Online: 58

Forums:

Groups: 2

Forums: 9

Topics: 1585

Members:

There are 2677 members

There are 186 guests

Top Posters:

lw789 - 630

lxt1217 - 212

ppst - 182

y741178881 - 119

linmangmu - 102

whn - 85

Administrator: LastGasCar | Moderators: LGC-Steve

© Simple:Press Forum - Version 3.1.3 (Build 356)